Talaria knocked it out of the park with the Sting R MX4. Offering more power output, longer battery life, and better componentry like brakes and suspension compared to its predecessor and competition. Stop by Open Trails Ebikes to see it for yourself and take one home today!
STING R MX4 FEATURES:
- 220mm x 2.3mm thick rotors both front and rear (stock is 203mm x 2mm)
- Upgraded Brake Pads
- 4 Piston Hydraulic Brakes
- Improved throttle and tuning for smooth and predictable response
- The motor has an encoder (instead of hall sensors) for ultra smooth throttle response.
- Improved and strengthened Gear box (oil only needs to be changed every 3-5 thousand miles)
- IPM Motor Rated for High Power and 94% efficiency
- Thick 3.25 inch rear tire
- 45Ah 60v battery with LG 21700 Cells
- Rear Brake Rotor Protector
- Foot Peg Support Brace
- Full wrap sticker kit (not installed)
- Higo connectors on the ebrake shut off for easy disconnect
- OLED full function display
- Rear Brake Rotor Guard
- Talaria or Fast Ace fork (depending on supply) upgrades any of the forks it uses to customize them for this bike.
Talaria has enhanced its bike for increased speed and power, focusing on improving the braking system by using larger rotors (220mm x 2.3mm) for 20% more stopping power and heat dissipation, along with quieter and more robust brake pads. They've kept the four levels of regenerative braking for greater efficiency and reduced mechanical brake wear, potentially extending the range by up to 5%.
The 45Ah 60v battery with LG 21700 cells offers an 18% range improvement over the Surron X battery.
Talaria has introduced a new fork for the MX4, which offers more adjustability with better performance and handling. Not to mention they look super cool!
The upgraded IPM motor boasts better magnets and design, providing improved efficiency, heat dissipation, and reliability compared to the stock Sting and Surron motors. The motor features a magnetic encoder, eliminating the need for hall sensors and accommodating future controller upgrades.
Talaria employs an improved gearbox with thicker mounts for quieter and more reliable performance, eliminating the need for belt changes in favor of straightforward oil changes every 3,000-5,000 miles. An initial oil change is required after the first 300 miles of use.